As December goes by it’s time to look back, evaluate your past mistakes and achievements, and set new goals for your business for the new year.
Below is the list of 7 social media New Year’s resolutions that could be very helpful in creating your own list for 2012.
1. Start with reviewing and analyzing your social media profiles. Sometimes we get caught up in work and forget to make sure our social media presence is up to date. The new year is alway a good time to refresh the information about yourself and your business.
2. Dedicate some time to exploring the new social media platforms and creative ways to use them. Finding fresh solutions or new valuable tools could open up new opportunities for your business.
3. Be active on LinkedIn: respond to your outstanding invitations, go through all business cards that you have and add new connections.
4. The smart phone and tablet market has seen huge growth this year. By 2015, more U.S. Internet users will access the Internet through mobile devices than through PCs. Go mobile next year: optimize your website for mobile devises, consider creating apps and utilizing check-ins.
5. Make use of video. YouTube is still the second largest search engine and video is an extremely powerful marketing tool! Think about recording a video testimonial for your website or creating a product demonstration video.
6. Monitor and analyze your social media efforts by taking advantage of FREE measuring tools on the market such as Google Analytics, HootSuite, Klout, Social Mention, bit.ly and others.
7. Be social and participate in online conversation. Utilize social media platforms by connecting with your customers, strengthening relationships and demonstrating your expertise. Always remember to add a personal touch to your social media interactions. People are often as interested in you as they are in your business.
Share with us your most important social media New Year’s resolutions!