Don’t have time to follow all of the most important social media news? Who does? Check out our round-up of the biggest changes in social media from the last month. We read all of the latest social media news so you don’t have to.
As a value add for our All Access Pass Members, we provide a monthly call where in 30 minutes we share the biggest changes in social media and importantly how they impact your social media strategy.
The top news in social media that we covered this month includes:
- Changes to the Facebook newsfeed algorithm may mean that organic reach is declining again.
- Carousel ads are now available on mobile for Facebook – these are VERY effective ad units that report better results vs. single image
- Facebook ads instant articles – you can now read articles quickly on Facebook as publishers put their content directly on Facebook
- Facebook local awareness ads have a call now button – to drive action from ads
- Facebook announces HELLO to connect with your phone calls – Facebook will connect their data with your phone calls – see who is calling if you are connected on Facebook, as well as block data
- Facebook announces video calling in messenger – Similar to Skype or Facetime but now directly in Facebook Messenger
- Facebook launches domain level insights – Giving you more information about the activities on Facebook that are driving traffic to your website, as well as the demographics you are reaching
- Simply Measured Facebook Report – Giving you more insights about how businesses and people use Facebook
- New analytics for LinkedIn Publisher – Providing more information about who is reading your publisher posts
- Google+ introduces Collections – Similar to Pinterest, collections are collections of web content. It is surprising that Google+ is adding new features when they have announced that they are dismantling Google+. Here are what collections look like.
- Google adds “Buy Now” button to search ads – People can buy without leaving Google search.
- Meerkat will now push live streams to Facebook – This may help with adoption of Meerkat as people can now view LiveStreams without downloading a new app.
- Pinterest has opened up their API – This means that 3rd party scheduling sites will now let you schedule pins. YAY!!!!
- Instagram adds new filters and emoji hashtags – Making Instagram even more fun!