Are you unsure about the social media guidelines you should have for your employees? If your employees are representing you online, it’s important to identify appropriate social media practices for personal and professional usage. Employee social media accounts can be a valuable asset or a ticking time bomb… Making sure you have social media guidelines in place will maximize the positive impact your employees have on your company and minimize any chance of a social media disaster for your organization.
Whether you’re a Fortune 500 company or a local restaurant, there’s potential for social media mishaps. Inappropriate tweets and disgruntled Facebook posts can turn into a PR nightmare if not handled properly. Whether it happens on company pages or personal profiles, your company is at risk of. Having a social media policy in place will help reduce the chance of these kinds of mishaps.
What you’ll learn
- Why every organization needs a social media policy.
- The primary risks that your social media policy should protect against.
- What your social media policy should include.
- How to create a social media policy that empowers your organization.
- How to educate your organization about your social media policy.
What you’ll get
- 75 minutes of online training showing you best practices, examples and case studies.
- On-demand access to the training for 1+ years.
- A copy of the slides for future reference.
- Links to resources to help you build your policy