• The major structural framework for the textbook is a comprehensive eight-step strategy for developing a winning social media marketing plan. The student learns how to listen to the social web to identify marketing opportunities and potential target audiences, then is shown how to set marketing goals and strategies to take advantage of these factors, as well as selecting the optimal social media tools and implementation tactics to execute, monitor, and tune social media marketing campaigns for success.
• Each step in this distinctive social media planning model is presented in a way that creates a powerful cumulative learning experience for the student, resulting in a richly textured overview of the conceptual and practical knowledge necessary to effectively implement social media marketing initiatives.
• Chapters use numerous landmark case studies that highlight the best practices in social media marketing, featuring forward-thinking Fortune 500 companies, innovative small businesses, and adaptive non-profit organizations.
• Each chapter concludes with exercises that reinforce key concepts by providing topics for classroom discussion. These topics focus on how to apply marketing tactics to the major types of social media platforms, such as blogs, social networks, video and photo sharing sites, microblogs (Twitter), podcasts, social news sites, online communities, and article directories.
• The final chapter and appendix draw on all the key information presented throughout the textbook to provide detailed explanations and illustrations of how to apply the eight-step social media planning model in constructing an extensive real world social media marketing plan.