In preparation for our upcoming SEO 101 training, I had the pleasure of hearing some experts share trends for SEO in 2013. As SEO (Search Engine Optimization) continues to grow and evolve, having a solid strategy is required. This big trend is that organic and natural language, link-building and content are more important than ever.
- SEO isn’t just about content (although that is where the hype is)
- The periodic table of SEO
- Good SEO should be natural
- Google is now thinking about “Search Experience Optimization” vs. Search Engine Optimization
- This is about – design, technical, on-site, off-site, authorship, management, content and more….
- Google+ is NOT a Social Network – It is an IDENTITY SERVICE – Google wants to know who you are…..
- Author Tag is an identity tag – Google wants to know who you are and for your reputation to follow you around the web.
- The rankings of the things you write will be influenced by the reputation score of your work, not just the site that the content is on
- Google+ is about the credibility of an author…. they are starting to look at factors related to how trusted YOU are
- Google is not a federally credentialed identity provider
- This means that you want to consider the QUALITY of your authors if your content matters
- Make better content
- Stop keyword stuffing
- Your content should prove that users are engaged
- Create content that is more semantically related to what you want to rank for to create schematic relevance
- Stop doing spammy stuff
- Get rid of bad links!!!!
- Links are not as valuable as they used to be
- Exact-match anchor text is dying – link anchor text needs diversity
- Natural link building and anchor text is becoming more important
- Brand names as well as brand names of URL/domains work as well as calls to action
- Link Research is required
- Social signals strengthen links
- Verified ID accounts (like Google+) matter – a trusted and verified identity will become more valuable
- Is your Google+ profile verified? One of the keys to getting your profile name verified is to own your name domain