Oct 23 2014
I’ve been doing social media marketing for many years now, and I wanted to share with you some of my favorite quick tips.
- You beat your competition by doing things smarter, faster and better…. Not by doing the same things the same way.
- Everyone is a marketer
- Do a few things well instead of many things mediocrely. #SocialMedia
- Stop vomiting boring content on the internet.
- Start with the end in mind: What do you want to achieve?
- Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. What is your social media strategy?
- Which social networks should you join? Fish where the fish are.
- Don’t buy in to national averages on “the best time of day to post”. Do what is best for your unique audience.
- Our brains process visuals 60,000 times faster than text. What is your visual marketing strategy? #VSMM
- You get out what you put in. You won’t magically get results from social media just because you start posting content.
- ABA: Always Be Analyzing. This is how you improve.
- Social media ROI is improved by doing things a little better every day.
- Integrate social media into your day – it doesn’t have to be a separate task.
- The ROI of social media? What is the ROI of having a phone line, a website or email?
- The bar in social media marketing is constantly being raised – are you raising your game?
- A picture is worth 1,000 words – are you making the most of them? #VSMM
- Don’t jump on the latest shiny object in social media. Have a strategy and evaluate.
- You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Listen on social media 2x as much as you talk.
- Social media 5 minute rule: Spend 5 extra minutes on each post making it better.
- We “like” businesses on the internet that we actually like.
- WIFM? Your fans are asking: “What’s In It For Me?”
- Marketing today is customer centric. What do they want?
Read some more of our recent posts
2 Replies to “21 Social Media Marketing Tips”
One of the mistakes that can be made when using social media is thinking that this is about you. On the contrary, the consumers has the power, make sure you give them what they want or it will be a slow marketing strategy growth for your business. Thanks for sharing!
I agree Catherine — may people forget to think about their audience. Always ask what is in it for them…