Our All Access Pass subscribers get first look at the digital marketing news updates each month in a members-only webinar + Q&A session. Want in? Take advantage of our 14-day trial to see if it’s a right fit for you!
Facebook News Updates
- Facebook Announces Privacy Focused Vision – This doesn’t mean the end of the network, but an expansion into focusing on private 1:1 communications as well.
- New Facebook Metrics – Relevance score will be replaced by three new metrics to help advertisers understand creative performance. Other less used metrics will disappear. (We covered this last month but it is BIG news)
- Why am I Seeing this Post Gives Insights – Facebook now allows you to click to see why you are seeing a post, which provides some additional insights on their algorithm.
- Pages can Archive and Share Stories – This new feature is available on some Pages to give more insights to Page Stories.
- Facebook Ads Library Makes it Easy to Learn about Competitor Ads – Use the ads library to see competitor ads and key details about competitor Pages.
- Facebook Limits some Ad Targeting – Aimed to stop discrimination via targeting, this mainly impacts employment, credit and financing ads.
Instagram News Updates
- Instagram Launches Checkout – Users can now checkout directly in Instagram making the platform more commerce driven.
- Instagram launches Interactive Stories Ads – When running an ad you can now add interactivity to have people make choices or participate in the ad.
Twitter News Updates
- Twitter has New Analytics Tools for Video Publishers – Showing the best times of day to post for example to help publishers post more relevant content.
- Podcast Listeners are Growing – Podcasts are seeing their quickest growth years as services like Spotify make it easier for people to listen to them.
- Spotify is Investing in Podcasts – They are making them more accessible and proactively investing which should drive growth of the medium.
- Google Makes Podcasts Searchable with Auto Transcription – Apparently Google is transcribing Podcasts from Google Podcasts to make them searchable.
- Pinterest launches more Shopping Features – Showing their push on fashion and converting Pinners into buyers.
- Pinterest automates Commerce with Shop the Look – Shop the Look AI shows similar products to pins people are searching for, which now connects to partner commerce sites so people can buy right away.
LinkedIn News Updates
- LinkedIn and Adobe Partner for Better Data Targeting – This allows those using Adobe software to run detailed targeted ads on LinkedIn using professional profiling.
- LinkedIn Offers Lookalike Audiences – Following Facebook and other ad platforms LinkedIn now allows Look-a-Like targeting.
Search News Updates
- Google Maps lets you Create Public Events on Google My Business Listings – The new feature hasn’t been announced but appears in a help article and can actually be used.
- Google My Business Guidelines for Seasonal Businesses – Check out how Google suggests you handle off season to keep your listing accurate.
Advertising News Updates
- Google Ads Editor Update – Allows easier management across accounts – to change settings or update keywords. This should make it easier for agencies managing multiple accounts.
Industry News and Research
- Forrester Study on Ad Industry – Highlights are that digital spend will grow, search spend will move to voice and Amazon will steal share of ad spend from Google.
- 2019 Social Media Influencer Benchmarks – Shows benchmarks by channel for large influencers including engagement rates.