May 09 2012
- Quality over quantity: Rather than tweeting every five minutes, post valuable and useful information steadily. You’ll gain more followers than you’ll lose.
- Be real, not a robot: Have plenty of information in your description and your background. Followers want to know they are interacting with a real employee or business owner, not a computer.
- Maintain personality: It’s tempting, but avoid the automatic tweets full of useless or general information. Fans will not continue to follow you if your tweets and messages are unnecessary and impersonal.
- Have a purpose: Keep an eye on your followers and answer their questions. Provide useful information and avoid seeming inauthentic. Before joining Twitter, create a clear idea of what value you will provide to your audience. Most businesses focus on how Twitter will give them value, but if you provide value to the community you are more likely to be successful.
- Set clear expectations: If you are going to advertise, like www.twitter.com/delloutlet or www.twitter.com/vistaprintdeals set the right expectation. Don’t lead people to expect a relationship and disappoint them by cheapening the relationship.
Twitter can give your business access to people all over the world. Just remember, those people can “unfollow” you faster than they can change the channel during an annoying commercial.Sources: Zintro
Read some more of our recent posts