One of the challenges that many businesses have with respect to digital marketing is how to effectively level-set the digital knowledge level within their organization. As digital marketing has grown to account for over 50% of marketing spend, business professionals need to have a consistent level of digital acumen. Digital skills are vital for business professionals beyond just digital marketers or even marketers in general. Business executives, sales professionals, customer service and even finance and HR all need a solid understanding of digital and how it fits into an organization strategy.
One of the biggest challenges we hear from clients is:
- How do I get everyone speaking the same language?
- How do I onboard new employees?
- How to I get the company on the same page?
- How do I help senior leaders to see the value of digital?
- How do I get the entire organization onboard?
- How do I help traditional marketers to really understand digital?
- How do I make sure everyone knows the foundations of digital marketing?
- How do I get everyone working together for our digital strategy?
- How can we better integrate digital?
If you’ve ever asked any of these questions, a level-set digital marketing training program may be a good idea for you.
What is a level-set digital marketing training program?
A level-set training program has the objective of getting everyone on the same page with respect to digital marketing. It could apply to a specific team, department or even an entire organization. The goal of this program is typically to establish a foundational understanding shared by all, develop common language and help the team to understand the strategy and business value.
The basic objective is to gain internal alignment.
How can I create a level-set digital marketing training?
If you are ready to get your organization up-to-date we can help. Boot Camp Digital has over 10 years of experience helping businesses understand digital marketing. Our most popular level-set programs include:
- Digital Marketing Foundations Workshop – This workshop can be customized for any organization and is typically delivered in groups up to 20 or 30 at a time. Some businesses offer it multiple times a year to be sure that everyone can join. The workshop is a live training program that is usually 1 – 2 days long covering the foundational elements in digital marketing. The advantage of the live training program is that participants are able to ask questions and interact, making for a strong learning environment.
- Online Digital Marketing Training – Our online training is also a great way to level-set. We have some clients that create their own custom learning paths from our library with a custom e-learning portal for their team. The advantage of online training is that people can work at their own pace and self-direct to focus on the areas that are most of interest to them. The challenge is driving participation and completion of the program (note: Certifications, gamification and internal emails are great ways to combat this).
- Custom Learning Program – Some organizations have many different stakeholders with different needs, often in many locations. Tailored programs can be a good solution using both live and online options to deliver meaningful training to the entire organization. Many businesses us a combination of workshops, online programs and webinars to push the entire organization forward.
How do I get started?
The first step is to understand the learning objectives – what specifically do you want people to be able to do at the end of the training? It is also helpful to identify the topics that are most relevant to your organization. From there, you can reach out to a Digital Marketing Training Company like Boot Camp Digital to help get you on the path to success. Contact us to see how we can help!