Jan 12 2023
Members of our All Access Pass and Digital Marketing Insiders get the first look at the latest digital marketing news updates each month. During a live, interactive session, we cover what matters to marketers and answer questions. We spend hours combing industry news sites looking for the most important updates, so you don’t have to!
Facebook News Updates
- Video Ad Tips – Meta shares their top video ad tips after evaluating 70 campaigns. Key findings: lifestyle with product integration works best, under 15 seconds, tall or square, and works with sound off.
- Meta Adds Reels Creation to Facebook – Even if you don’t have video content, they are pushing templates to support simple Reels creation. This shows how Reels content is getting prioritized.
Instagram News Updates
Twitter News Updates
- Mastodon Doesn’t have Numbers Yet – While many users and businesses are considering Mastodon as a Twitter alternative, the network only has 10 million users (compared to 300 million on Twitter). It may be wise to pause ads as content is an issue, but Mastodon doesn’t have the volume to replace Twitter yet.
- Twitter Adds Public View Counts to Tweets – This is somewhat interesting as other networks are reducing the visibility of likes and vanity metrics. Twitter will show view counts publicly – but keep in mind – view counts are generally considered to be inflated on Twitter. High view counts aren’t clearly linked to traffic or other metrics.
- Twitter Previews Longer Tweets – Musk has said the character count will increase to 4,000 and Twitter has provided previews showing how the content will look.
- Twitter Blue Users Get More Features – Including priority visibility in the feed and longer video uploads. As Twitter perfects the offerings of Blue look for more updates. The increased visibility alone could be a great reason – but it does fundamentally shift the network to pay-to-play.
- 65% of Brands Say Twitter is Too Risky – And 53% refuse to pay for the blue check. View the full report for insights on how brands feel about Twitter. The bottom line is that it isn’t good.
LinkedIn News Updates
- 7 Features to Watch for in 2023 – The big features include analytics on posts and scheduling posts. Some of these have been previously announced but not yet broadly rolled out.
TikTok News Update
- TikTok 2023 Trends – The big trends include entertainment, Joy, and community-build ideals in 2023. Consider how to integrate these to break through on the platform this year.
- Talk of TikTok Ban – This isn’t new for TikTok being owned by China, but there are calls from legislators to ban the app.
Digital Marketing News Updates
- Podcasts Emerge as a Key Information Source for B2B Decision Makers – Check out the main sources of information that decision-makers use to inform their decisions. Emails, webinars and podcasts are the top 3 – make sure they are in your marketing mix.
- Guide to Chat GPT – Everyone in marketing circles is talking about the new AI tool Chat GTP. This tool is able to provide coherent and thoughtful text answers. This is the first mainstream AI tool that gives us a glimpse to the future. If you haven’t tried it yet check it out.
- How to Integrate AI Tools into Content Creation – This is a great opportunity to leverage the power of emerging AI tools into your marketing.
- How to Use Reviews – Great infographic to get your creative energy flowing around reviews. These are vital to your success and influencing purchases.
Read some more of our recent posts