Sep 03 2021
Members of our All Access Pass and Digital Marketing Insiders get the first look at the latest digital marketing news updates each month. During a live, interactive webinar we cover what matters to marketers and answer questions. We spend hours combing industry news sites looking for the most important updates so you don’t have to!
Facebook News Updates
- Facebook is Testing Reels – This is ONLY in the US and ONLY a test, but you’ll start seeing Reels on Facebook. Reels are the Facebook version of TikTok which shows interest in the format. Even though it hasn’t quite caught on on Instagram yet, it appears Facebook is going all in.
- Facebook Launches Workrooms – This is a second-life-like VR experience using Oculus to allow avatars to have virtual meetings in virtual spaces. It is interesting although likely the technology and learning curve may cause it to not catch on quickly.
- Messenger Turns 10 – HAPPY BIRTHDAY! To celebrate Facebook launched a ton of new features. This probably won’t impact your business strategy, but shows the importance of the channel.
- View Once Photos and Videos on WhatsApp – Technically this isn’t Facebook (but they own it). You can now send photos and videos that can be viewed only once. This brings more privacy and Snapchat-like functionality to the platform.
Instagram News Updates
- Instagram Breaks Down Their Search Algorithm – It comes down to your text, your activity, and popularity. This is a good reminder to think about keywords in your profile, posts, and hashtags. This can grow your visibility and views from search.
- Goodbye Swipe Up for Link, Hello Link Stickers – For accounts that can post links in Stories, Instagram is switching from the swipe up to stickers. This allows you to feature the link in your content and creatively consider the placement.
- LinkedIn Closes Stories – Yes, LinkedIn is officially removing stories from the platform. The usage and views of stories seemed to be minimal in our experience, so this isn’t surprising. “In the moment” content didn’t seem like a strong fit for LinkedIn, however, they are committed to creating compelling video experiences.
- LinkedIn Launches Brand Building Guide – This is a great guide filled with tips to build your brand on LinkedIn. Instead of focusing on sales or recruiting, LinkedIn is shifting its audience to consider brand and brand building.
- LinkedIn Launches Native Video Calls – You can create video calls directly in the platform to quickly connect with others on video. This could be a great tool for sales, business development and recruiters who want to quickly connect with audiences.
- LinkedIn Adds Ratings and Reviews to Profile Services – First, if you missed it you can create a services page on LinkedIn where you highlight the services that you offer. NOW LinkedIn announced that you can also get reviews for these services. This can be a great way to set yourself apart.
TikTok News Updates
- TikTok Launches Boosted Posts – You can quickly boost your videos to earn more views and visibility. This will make it easier for businesses to quickly gain additional exposure on the platform.
- TikTok Announces Partnerships with Vimeo and Canva – This makes it easier for advertisers to create their content on other platforms and port it into TikTok. This is a huge streamlining opportunity for big brands and will make it easier to advertise on the platform.
Industry News Updates
Read some more of our recent posts