Members of our All Access Pass get the first look at the latest digital marketing news updates each month during a live webinar during which they can ask questions! Start your 14-day trial of our All Access Pass to get these updates, member-only Q&A sessions, and so much more!
Facebook News Updates
- Facebook automatically includes location in Lookalikes – This update makes it easier to create look-a-like audiences on Facebook. The location will automatically be pulled from campaigns making one less step in Look-a-Like audience creation.
- Facebook updates brand safety controls for audience network – Facebook is now working with brand safety partners, so if you use industry brand safety tools you may soon also be able to use the on Facebook. In addition Facebook is testing whitelists which will make inventory easier to control.
- Facebook launches dynamic formats and content – This allows the ad format and content to be dynamically generated based on the user. This means advertisers can create multiple ad formats and let the algorithm choose the most effective one.
- Facebook expands brand collabs manager for influencers to connect with brands – Influencers can now apply to the platform (if they meet certain criteria) to be connected with brands for branded content.
Instagram News Updates
- Instagram launches “Reels” to compete with TikTok – This should come as no surprise, but Instagram is replicating TikTok functionality within the app. Reels are short videos similar to TikTok that are creeping into various parts of Instagram.
- Instagram will begin hiding like counts from US users – Likes are still visible by clicking or through analytics (for your accounts). The move makes them less visible in an effort to focus more on quality content.
Twitter News Updates
- Twitter allows you to hide replies – This gives users more control as they can hide replies to their Tweets.
- Twitter launches option to follow a topic – In an effort to drive more relevance and usage, users can now follow topics on Twitter. Correctly tagging your content can become key to growing visibility within top topics.
TikTok News Updates
- TikTok launches SDK with API access – This will make it easier for users to upload content from other sites or upload videos to multiple sites (including TikTok). The likely result is more content on the site.
Search News Updates
- Businesses can now add a list of services to their GMB listing – This is a nice add-on for local service businesses and can help you get found. Be sure to add your services and don’t forget keywords.
- Google to launch badge for slow sites – Chrome will now feature a “badge of shame” for slow sites, so make sure you focus on site speed.
- Search Console to include better site speed insights – To support making sites faster, Search Console launches new site speed insights. This is a great way to stay on top of your speed.
- Wikipedia founder launches social network – While this is making headlines, don’t make the mistake of over investing (remember Google+ or Ello?!??!!). Meet your audience where they are.
- FTC creates guidelines for influencers – The new guidelines are 101 level making it easy for influencers to understand (and ideally follow) their guidelines. While there is nothing new here, these are more comprehensive and easier to understand.
- Spotify launches discover for podcasts – This builds on the trend of podcast growth and could result in more audience growth for podcasts.
Start your 14-day trial of our All Access Pass to get these updates, member-only Q&A sessions, and so much more!