May 05 2022
May was a slow month for social media and digital marketing updates…. BUT … there are lots of GREAT research reports. I know I have a to-do list of 13 items based on the inspiration and ideas from the news this month…
Facebook News Updates
For the first time (in a long time) we have no Facebook news updates. Maybe we’ll see some big updates next month!
Instagram News Updates
LinkedIn News Updates
- Pages can Create Newsletters – If you are looking to grow your impact from your Page, a Newsletter could be a great option. This allows people to subscribe and get regular updates from your business. Since this is a new feature, it may be a good idea to test or focus on building an audience before you put too much time into creating the Newsletters.
- LinkedIn Profiles Allow URL – This wasn’t an official announcement, but was spotted on LinkedIn. There is now an option to add a URL to your profile. This is a great way to direct people to your personal site or business.
- LinkedIn Shares Most In-Demand Skills – AGAIN – Digital marketing tops the charts of in-demand skills globally. There has never been a better time to upskill.
YouTube News Updates
Twitter News Updates
Industry Research and News
- Marketing Channels vs. Funnel Stages – This chart plots marketing channels/tools against the stage of the funnel they most influence (according to marketers). It is a great visual to see how marketers are using different tools as a part of their full-funnel strategy.
- Best Times to Post on Social Media – Even though it is the diet pill of social media, knowing when to post can add an edge to your strategy. Check out the best times to post.
- Meta is Testing Money Making Tools for the Metaverse – This isn’t new. Second life had monetization. But as Meta looks to grow the Metaverse they are actively exploring monetization.
- See WHO is in The Metaverse – Check out this study that shows the demographics most aware of and participating in the Metaverse.
Read some more of our recent posts
One Reply to “Digital Marketing News May 2022”