We like to save our best social media and internet marketing tips for our members. So here you go.
We all know the importance of increasing our rankings in search engines like google. This helps ensure that companies that are looking for your business or services will find you.
There are a lot of factors that go in to search engine marketing and the algorithms that decide rankings, and the scope of that is beyond this blog post. That being said, there are two strategies for search engine marketing:
- To get your site to the top
- To keep your competitors off the first page
This post focuses on the second strategy. In order to dominate the results page of search engines, you want to have as many listings as possible on the home page.
What this means is that you want as many sources as possible that reference your company showing up on the first page for your keywords.
For example, in a search for Cincinnati Social Media Training you’ll see that while Boot Camp Digital shows up in 3 of the top 4 search results, we also gain another 3-4 listings on the first page of search engine results from press release sites.
How to Do It
To use press releases as a part of your strategy, follow these steps:
- Select the keywords that you want to optimize for (eg. for us it was Cincinnati Social Media Training)
- Find something “newsworthy” happening at your organization that includes those keywords (in our case it is a press release announcing a lunch and learn, we also announce speaking engagements)
- Write a press release. Be sure to include the keywords a few times in the copy of the press release and some links back to your website.
- Post the press release on FREE PRESS RELEASE DISTRIBUTION SITES. There are many different sites. Start with a search in Google to find listings of them.
- You are done 😉