- Online Training
- Live Training
- Team Training
- [email protected]
- +1 513 223 3878
Mar 27 2011
Thanks to the appearance of more and more smart phones, social media is becoming accessible to us at all hours of the day. Below are some social media stats about mobile social media. The statistics may surprise you. This new way to access social media is growing rapidly.
1. On average mobile users are more active in social media than non-mobile users.
|Minutes spent on social networking per day accessed by mobile device or desktop|
|Social Network||Mobile Internet||PC Internet|
|Source: GSMA/ComScore, January 2010||via: mobiThinking|
2. In the U.S. Facebook and Twitter are in the top ten most visited mobile destinations.
3. Ages 35-54 are the most likely to be using social media via mobile device.
4. The average mobile social media user is on 2.7 hours a day.
5. In 2010 30% of smart phone users accessed social media via their phone browsers.
6. That’s 22.5% up from the previous year.
7. Total social network access from mobile phones rose to 11.1%. This is a 6.5% rise from 2009
8. In the past year, twitter via mobile browser has increased 347%
9. Facebook has also seen a significant increase in traffic via mobile phones. The total percent increase is 112%
10. This means that over 150 million Facebook users are using their phones to view their profile.
11. An average of 30% of tweets come from mobile devices
12. Even by the end of 2009, 11% of the mobile social media users switched to smart phones.
13. Consumers download 2.4 billion mobile applications from app stores via their phones.
1. This year companies plan to increase social media spending on mobile by 10%.
2. Touchscreens will be included in over 60 percent of mobile devices shipped in Western Europe and North America in 2011.
3. It is estimated that total spending on mobile advertising will reach $11-$20 billion. This is up from $6.5 billion in 2010.
4. In 2011, mobile photo sharing will become even more popular.
5. Facebook will dominate the mobile traffic in 2011.
6. 31% of US mobile phone owners have a smartphone as of December 2010, and you can expect smartphones to become the majority by the end of 2011.
7. US sales of smartphones to grow from 67 million in 2010 to 95 million in 2011
8. Mobile Phones will overtake PCs as the number one way to access social networks by 2013.
9. It’s estimated that the combined installed base of smartphones and browser-equipped enhanced phones will surpass 1.82 billion units by 2013
10. What consumers and advertisers spend on mobile media will rise from just under $75 billion at the end of 2010 to just over $138.7 billion by 2015.
11. Mobile data traffic is expected to grow 40-fold over the next five years!
Great news! We have just launched our Pin Point Programs, which are 90-minute social media online training classes about the hottest topics in social media. Our online mobile marketing course is now available on-demand. You’ll learn the hottest mobile marketing tips and mobile marketing trends! Check it out here!
Try FREE for 5 Days!