November 2017 Digital Marketing News Updates
Don’t spend hours researching to stay up-to-date! We’ve compiled the November 2017 Digital Marketing News Updates to keep you current on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, SnapChat, and more!
Facebook News Updates
- Facebook Live Screen Sharing Feature – Facebook recently added the option to share your screen on Facebook Live, without the use of other software. The obvious use for this feature might be for gamers, but get creative. How might you use this feature for business? Think presentations, live streaming from your laptop or device at an event, and more!
- New Group Features – New features for Facebook Groups makes building a community even better! Building a community around your brand is a great way to build loyalty and encourage engagement. These new features allow Group admins to welcome new members, get to know other members through member profiles, and keep the conversation supportive and safe.
- Marketplace Adds More Options for US Car Shoppers – If you are a car dealer, then you definitely need to know about this update. But businesses in other categories will want to keep an eye on this as Facebook test and rolls out new options in the Marketplace. The new features are giving car shoppers in the US ways to make shopping for a car much easier. Users can search inventories from dealers who have their autos listed on sites like Edmunds and cars.com and even message the dealer directly from the app! Think of how this could help your business reach more shoppers through Facebook!
- You Can Now Order Food From Facebook! – If you have a restaurant, then you probably already know the importance of having good reviews and a presence online. People turn to Facebook for answers to the daily question “what’s for dinner?”, and they look for recommendations from their friends, good reviews, and convenience. And being able to order food directly from Facebook makes this even easier.
LinkedIn News Updates
- Video Ads Coming To LinkedIn – LinkedIn added the ability to upload video in August, and now they are one step closer to allowing us to advertise on LinkedIn with video. A limited number of advertisers are currently beta testing video sponsored content. So keep an eye on this if video is one of your content formats. You may soon be able to promote it to your LinkedIn audience!
Twitter News Updates
- Twitter Introduces New Video Centric Ad Format – Twitter is rolling out a new ad format, the Video Website Card, which is “a creative format that combines the power of video with the ability to drive users back to a site to learn more or take action in the moment.” This is a great new feature if your objective is to get more video views, clicks to your website, or drive brand awareness.
Instagram News Updates
- Instagram Adds Polls in Stories – Use this to get more engagement on your Instagram stories by adding a poll to your images. This is a great way for brands to gather audience feedback and generate response, and to understand their audience better.
YouTube News Updates
- YouTube Changes Rules for Links at the End of Videos – YouTube has added restrictions on placing links to external sites at the end of videos. You must join the YouTube Partner Program and have over 100,000 total views of videos on your channel before you can add an end card to your video, which is a screen that directs the viewer toward clicking a link. This is a great way to drive users to your website, as it’s much more prominent than a link below the video in the description. So get those views up and take advantage of this feature!
Snapchat News Updates
- Share Links On Snapchat! – You can now share links from other apps through private messages on Snapchat. If you’re trying to reach a teenage audience, this new feature makes it much easier than the old copy/paste method of sharing links. This external link sharing could make Snap into a legitimate source of referral traffic for websites.
- Snapchat’s new Context Cards use Snaps for spontaneous discovery – This new feature allows users to discover more about a Snap by accessing location information, reviews, and more. This is where Snapchat has a chance to turn its every day user engagement into a real world discovery and marketing platform, and drive marketing value for restaurants, venues and destinations.
- Businesses can now sign up to add booking buttons to their Google local results – Google has finally added a feature to let you easily add a ‘book online’ button to your local business on Google Maps or Google Search.
- New Google AdWords Experience is Available to Everyone – If you advertise in AdWords, you probably noticed some changes this month. Google’s claim is that this interface is now faster and more intuitive. So, the pages load faster – on average 20% faster – have you noticed? They have cleaned up the navigation, making some things easier to find and making certain actions possible with one step. And you can now easily access key insights about your customers, like visualizations of the days and hours they’re most engaged with your business. Take Google’s guided tour to get familiar with the new experience and get the most out of your AdWords campaigns.
Pinterest News Updates
- Pinterest PPC Ad Platform Now Available To All Businesses – Now, businesses of all sizes can reach audiences with more precision and control using enhanced keyword features. One of these features supplements your keyword strategy by automatically targeting other relevant keywords. There are a lot of features that are similar to AdWords, including the phrase, broad, and exact match keywords, negative keywords, and search term reports which will tell you the exact search queries that resulted in your ad appearing.