- You beat your competition by doing things smarter, faster and better…. Not by doing the same things the same way.
- Everyone is a marketer
- Do a few things well instead of many things mediocrely. #SocialMedia
- Stop vomiting boring content on the internet.
- Start with the end in mind: What do you want to achieve?
- Just because you can doesn’t mean you should. What is your social media strategy?
- Which social networks should you join? Fish where the fish are.
- Don’t buy in to national averages on “the best time of day to post”. Do what is best for your unique audience.
- Our brains process visuals 60,000 times faster than text. What is your visual marketing strategy? #VSMM
- You get out what you put in. You won’t magically get results from social media just because you start posting content.
- ABA: Always Be Analyzing. This is how you improve.
- Social media ROI is improved by doing things a little better every day.
- Integrate social media into your day – it doesn’t have to be a separate task.
- The ROI of social media? What is the ROI of having a phone line, a website or email?
- The bar in social media marketing is constantly being raised – are you raising your game?
- A picture is worth 1,000 words – are you making the most of them? #VSMM
- Don’t jump on the latest shiny object in social media. Have a strategy and evaluate.
- You have 2 ears and 1 mouth. Listen on social media 2x as much as you talk.
- Social media 5 minute rule: Spend 5 extra minutes on each post making it better.
- We “like” businesses on the internet that we actually like.
- WIFM? Your fans are asking: “What’s In It For Me?”
- Marketing today is customer centric. What do they want?
With well over 1.2 billion Facebook users, you can’t ignore that they are looking for your brand on Facebook – you need to make sure they can find you.
So how do you get their attention?
Facebook Brand Pages are facing more difficulty than ever to get in front of their target audience. It’s important to make sure your marketing efforts are effective and efficient. Here are a few key tips to master the basics of Facebook Marketing…
1. Optimize Your Page
By using recognizable, branded images for your profile photo and cover photo as well as filling out your company description efficiently, you can improve your ranking in both Facebook and Google search. Give the important details your customers need to know – location, contact info, hours of operation, etc..
2. Connect with Your Audience
Fill in the blanks about your brand by telling our story using Facebook milestones – include founding dates, when products were added, and other big moments. Bring in your audience from other sites by promoting your Facebook page on your website and other networks. Create a brand personality and share a variety of relevant content that your audience would find interesting.
3. Maintain Your Presence
You can’t just create a Page and walk away from it – stay on top of what’s going on by replying to messages, responding to posts by others on your page, and create a calendar of fresh content. Prioritize what you need to do so you aren’t wasting time.
4. Improve and Refine
Facebook analytics offer a huge amount of information. Spend time analyzing demographics of your audience as well as what posts have done well to learn from both. Test ads and boost posts to see what your audience responds to most. Finally, don’t try to reinvent the wheel – take a look at your competitors’ Facebook Pages to see what’s working for them.
Use the Facebook Marketing Checklist infographic to make sure your Page is on the right track. Pin it, tweet it, share it, and keep it in your pocket to use next time you visit Facebook. Check out our Facebook Marketing Training to learn even more.
LinkedIn is becoming one of the most important networks for professionals with over 277 million active users. Being your virtual resume and Rolodex, LinkedIn can help you organize contacts, give opportunities to meet others in your industry, and more.
Why is LinkedIn so important?
Have you ever Google-d yourself? If you’re an active LinkedIn user, a majority of the time your LinkedIn profile is the third or fourth result in search. LinkedIn isn’t just about searching for a job. This growing network is consistently adding new features and benefits to help you connect easily with like-minded people.
Millions of people and companies are taking advantage of LinkedIn and seeing huge results, here’s a few reasons why…
- 2 new LinkedIn members join every second
- 40% of LinkedIn users check in daily
- 3 million businesses have LinkedIn company pages
- 94% of recruiters vet candidates from LinkedIn
- 84 million of LinkedIn users are in the United States
Our upcoming LinkedIn 101 Online Training: Putting LinkedIn to Work for You will cover everything you need to know to optimize your personal and company page to see results. LinkedIn is where professionals go to learn about you and assess your credibility, our LinkedIn training will help you create a strong page that positions you as an expert and someone who everyone wants to connect with.
Through this LinkedIn class, you will learn the best practices and killer tips to connect with others and grow your visibility effectively through your personal and company page.
These classes always fill up quickly so register now!
Live-Online Streaming – March 6th, 2014 @ 1pm EST
Register NOW! http://bootcampdigital.com/linkedin-101-training/
Can’t catch the live streaming? You can always watch the recorded version shortly after.
See you there!
Reserve your seat today for the social network you need to be on!
Vine has only been around for a little over a year but has racked up a following and trend that is not likely to die down anytime soon. Brands who have begun using this hot network are starting to see huge results.
Here are a few key facts to remember:
- 5 tweets per second contain a Vine link
- A branded Vine video is four-times more likely to be seen than a regular branded video
- From June 19 to July 19, Vine videos got .0206 percent average engagement rate and an average of 20 retweets
Short-format videos are taking over but it’s not as easy has hitting record then upload – it requires thought and strategy to execute effective 6 second videos. Through Vine marketing training in our Marketing in 15 Seconds or Less Social Media Training, learn more easy ways to maximize your Vine videos and grow your brand using Vine.
Here are some tips to keep in mind before you shoot your next Vine video… Tweet it, pin it, share it, and download this infographic so you don’t miss these extra ways to optimize your videos and brand on Vine.
Not sure what Vine is or how your brand can benefit from it? Tune into our Marketing in 15 Seconds or Less: Snapchat, Instagram Video, and Vine Marketing Online Training.
LinkedIn has over 277 million users with 2 new members joining every second. While paper resumes continue to be replaced by LinkedIn, it is vital to optimize your profile whether you’re looking for a new job, working on your personal brand, or just opportunities to network.
You need to be on top of your game with a professional, appealing profile that attracts connections and potential employers. Unlike other networks, LinkedIn isn’t just about having a profile – tune into our LinkedIn 101 Online Training for more tips and strategies. In the meantime, here are a few things to keep in mind…
- First impression is everything. True in person and now online, your online brand and profile is the first thing people see and make quick decisions. Having a professional photo (one of only you in professional attire) is important but so is the 120 character headline. The headline is prime real estate to promote yourself and more to catch the viewer’s attention. Click here for more awesome tips to create a stellar LinkedIn headline.
- People are searching. Many spend time searching for jobs or connections on LinkedIn – so are the companies. Creating a profile with rich content and keywords for search in your summary, job descriptions, etc. is important to showing up in search results and getting noticed.
- Don’t just sit and watch – be active. Actively connecting and participating in groups will help connect with converse with like-minded people while building your credibility and growing your reputation.
Take a few minutes to audit your profile using the LinkedIn Checklist below and see how you’re doing so far. Write down some notes on areas you want to work on but also take this time to make sure your profile information is up to date.
Save this infographic – tweet it, pin it, share it, and email to colleagues who understand how important LinkedIn is and will continue to be. Taking a LinkedIn training course can help you get to the next level – join our LinkedIn 101 Online Training to learn the best practices to create a successful LinkedIn profile and put it to work for you.
For more information and to register for our LinkedIn class, visit http://bootcampdigital.com/linkedin-101-training/.
Does this matter for your brand?
If you want to have a strong online presence as social media grows and changes, then yes!
You can’t ignore these platforms and the opportunities they present. It’s not about making a short video and throwing it up but having an effective video marketing strategy to create engagement with your brand that can bring leads, customers, and sales. Take a look at the facts…
- In 72 hours, an average person can retain 95% of a video (vs 10% of text)
- Snapchat users in total receive (not send) 400 million photo or video snaps a day
- Over 16.5 million users use Snapchat daily
- When Instagram launched video, there was a 37% increase of Instagram shares on Twitter
- Instagram videos create 2x more engagement than photos
- Vine grew 403% between the 1st and 3rd quarter of 2013
- 5 vines are tweeted every second
Our upcoming Marketing in 15 Seconds or Less: Snapchat, Instagram Video, and Vine Marketing Online Training will cover why you need to be paying attention to these platforms, the opportunities for your brand, how to create compelling videos, and more.
With Vine marketing training, learn the best way to maximize your 6 second videos to effectively market your brand. Snapchat is primarily populated by younger generations but in our Snapchat marketing training section, see what brands are marketing successfully on Snapchat and the best practices for your brand. Additionally, take your Instagram account to the next level with Instagram video with our tips and tricks in Instagram Video marketing training.
This is your chance to learn everything you need to know about marketing your brand using these new tools. With this online training, you will learn which platforms are best for your brand and how to harness the power of videos to see huge results.
Can’t watch the live streaming? You can always watch the the recording at your own convenience.
See you there!
Don’t miss out – reserve your seat today!
So you have a Google+ page, now what?
Google+ will continue to grow and now is the time to build your brand’s presence make an impact. With so many registered users (over 1 billion) and growing daily activity, how do you improve your profile or brand’s page to set it above the rest?
The +1 button is clicked over 5 billion times a day and is the key to having a successful page on Google+. +1s are the top social media influencer for search engines and will build both your credibility and appearance in search results.
Here are ten easy (and fun) ways to DOUBLE your +1s in a month. By spending 15-20 minutes a day doing these 10 things, you will gain followers and +1s on your page that will connect you with top influencers and grow your professional network. Don’t miss out on these tips to help you improve your brand’s online presence.
By acting on these tips, you will see results, tweet, pin, share, or save this infographic so you can reference it every time you get on Google+.
Ready to take your Google+ page to the next level? Take our Advanced Google+ Strategies Online Training to take advantage of everything Google+ can do for you.
Looking for volunteer opportunities? LinkedIn can do that now! Tumblr continues to move toward becoming a social network while Facebook adds “What’s Trending” as well as announces a new and improved App Insights. Twitter helps target ads better and has a new app that becomes a ‘remote control’ for other apps. Pinterest says they can now support GIFs and Vine turns 1 today! Read below to see how these changes affect you.
Does this matter to you?
If you’re interested in volunteer opportunities/joining a board or an organization in need of them, this can be a beneficial to get qualified, skilled volunteers. You can find or post opportunities by visiting http://volunteer.linkedin.com/ or http://nonprofit.linkedin.com/.
Tumblr recently added the ability to mention others in posts. Those mentioned will be notified through their in-stream and “activity” page.
What does this mean?
This is an additional way to connect with friends on Tumblr and is taking huge steps towards becoming a social network. It might be a network to keep your eye on and see what opportunities exist for your brand.
Why does this matter?
This provides an extra way to stay connected with what’s popular online. If it’s applicable to your brand, sharing relevant posts would be a good way to join the conversation. If you post about Justin Bieber (which I do not recommend doing… ever), make sure it applies to your brand and doesn’t hurt the brand’s image.
Twitter added two new ways to target ads through CRM (customer relationship management) and Twitter ID as well as offer the ability to exclude groups of people from seeing ads…
- CRM – Upload lists and Twitter will match accounts to email addresses showing specific ads to only them.
- Twitter ID – Create a tailored audience based on information in users’ bios, follower count, tweets etc. to show applicable ads.
How can you take advantage of this?
Twitter has over 6.5 million active registered users – new targeting allows you to put your brand in front of the right people meaning you spend less money and time. To take a look at the new targeting options, visit your Twitter API.
5. Pinterest Adds GIFs
In addition to creating more ways to search for recipes on Pinterest, the network now supports GIFs! Users can view GIFs on the web and soon through their mobile device.
Can you benefit from this?
GIFs can be eye-catching but don’t go crazy – try creating a few to have ready to pin. Short-format videos are most effective when they are attractive, informative, and interesting. Learn more in our upcoming Marketing in 15 Seconds or Less Online Training: Snapchat, Instagram Video, and Vine.
CtrlTwit is a new app that lets you control other apps through your tweets. By tweeting an action with the apps name and the hashtag #ctrltwit, you can ask things like how many followers on Instagram you have and more. A few things CtrlTwit can do is…
- Check how much free space you have left in Dropbox
- Check how many followers, like a photo, comment on a photo or follow someone on Instagram
- Check in and get Foursquare restaurant recommendations
- Save links to Pocket
- RSVP to Meetup events
- Subscribe to a YouTube channel
Can you use this?
Though I’m testing it out, it seems like an easy way to control other apps, just realize that all of your tweets are public – don’t ask anything you don’t want the world to know!
App Insights Beta 2.0 will be a new dashboard for analytics, include traffic sources, and will be easier to use (click the image to the right to enlarge).
I already view insights, so why does this matter?
Over 70% of Facebook users access it through their mobile device at some point. Having accurate, easy to read insights will help you stay on top of your Page’s engagement and connected with your audience. This update can help you stay on top of your activity to find out what’s working and what’s not – on the go!
Vine turns 1 today and has collected over 40 million users in the past 365 days. If you haven’t already, join Vine and see the opportunities it has for your brand – it’s a great way to share short stories and engage with your audience.
Let us know if you have any comments or suggestions for next time – have a great weekend!
Not only are high growth firms using social media but they’re being strategic about where they spend their time. Social media marketing can be a huge investment of time no matter your experience level.
Small businesses alone can spend an average of 5.5 hours a week on social media (85% admitted the business owner was the primary person running social media). Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and other top sites can be an affordable and effective way of getting in front of customers but if you lack a structured plan then you might not be seeing the results you predicted. If you aren’t active, your competitors will be.
Our upcoming Social Media Effectiveness and Efficiency Online Training will cover top strategies and tools to help optimize your time spent on social media marketing. Managing time that bring results is a struggle for any marketer and business owner.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to learn about top tools leading marketers use that can help you stay focused, optimize your efforts, and improve your overall ROI (return on investment)!
Watch the Online Training Live: February 4th, 2014 @ 1:00pm EST
Remember, you can join us online live or watch the recording at your convenience.
See you there!
Already present on Google+ but not seeing any results?
Launched in 2011, Google+ is the fastest growing network with over 540 million monthly active users. Google+ isn’t a social network but rather an identity network and Google has made it clear that Google+ is a priority by favoring it in Google Search.
2014 is predicted to be HUGE for Google+ with the possibility of stealing Facebook’s spot on top. Just having a Google+ page isn’t enough anymore. 40% of marketers and 70% of brands have a presence on Google+ and are attracting your customers.
+1s are the top social media influencer for search engines and will build both your credibility and appearance in search results. It’s time to take advantage of the opportunities Google+ presents and using it strategically to build your brand and audience.
In our upcoming Advanced Google+ Strategies Online Training, we will cover many important things to grow your brand online through Google+ including…
- Connecting your Google+ profile to other online profiles (and the possible risks)
- Creating a business page strategy that gets results
- The power of Google+ on search engines and how to take advantage of this
- The biggest mistakes that can impact your profile’s effectiveness
- How to setup and use Google Authorship
- The big picture for Google+ to build a solid foundation for the future
- Much, much more!
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn the strategies and tips that will bring results on Google+.
Watch the Online Live-Streaming Event: January 23rd @ 1:00pm EST