The next PubCon session I attended was about social media content creation….. Content is one of the biggest buzz terms in social media these days…. are you using best practices to create an amazing Content Marketing Strategy?
Here is a summary of the presentations:
- Brands are transitioning into becoming publishers and content creators
- Content creation is at the top of the list for how brand communicate and build their business online
- Leading content creators mix branded and non-branded content
- Add-value first and work your brand in around that
- Content creation lifecycle: Ideation ->Creation 0? Publishing -? Promotion
- Trello to organize ideas
- Social Media Recipe: 3 parts images, 2 parts engagement, 1 part advertising, 1.5 parts industry facts, fill with fan focused and rim with humor 😉
- All of these elements in the right amounts is key to success
- Start with understanding what your company really wants to achieve from their marketing efforts
- If you are a brand that already has trust, you should be taking advantage of content
- Cycle of content marketing -> Create -> Promote -> Promote More
- Before you create – Who & Why; Does it pass the materiality test?; Is it the right next thing to do?; Voice and tone; What is success and how is it measured?
- You need the RIGHT CONTENT in the RIGHT PLACE at the RIGHT TIME
- Over half of content creation initiatives fail because people don’t stay the course and aren’t committed
- Have a content calendar
- Look at content that does well and try to replicate in other channels
- Be regular and programmatic
- Adjust and tweak as needed
- Be green (reuse, recycle and repurpose)
- Ge Thrifty (when you can, it doesn’t have to be costly – what is good enough?)
- Be right (media) – it a picture is worth 1000 words, what is a video worth?