The Better Business Bureau serves as an intermediary between consumers and businesses by collecting and providing free business reliability reviews. Businesses are deemed as BBB accredited when they meet a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve all customer complaints.
Recognized for her many publications and over 10 years of successful work in branding and marketing experience, Krista has gladly accepted this opportunity to join an organization that strives to provide consumers with trustworthy information.
With social media and online marketing, establishing trust and marketing ethically has become a bigger issue than ever before. I’m excited to join the BBB Board because I believe in their mission, and I know that social media and digital marketing has created a number of issues for business owners in following legal and ethical guidelines.
For a business of any size, a reputation of ethical behavior and corporate social responsibility is important. Not only does it attract customers, employees, and investors but creates a trust between company and others.
The Better Business Bureau’s Standards for Trust for a business include:
- Building trust and telling the truth
- Establish and maintain a positive track record in the marketplace
- Advertise honestly and adhere to established standards of advertising and selling
- Be transparent
- Honestly represent products and services, including clear disclosure
- Openly identify ownership, nature, & location of the business as well as policies and procedures
- Honor promises and abide by all written and verbal agreements
- Be responsive and safeguard privacy
- Address marketplace disputes quickly, professionally, and in good faith
- Protect any data against fraud, collect personal information only as needed, and respect preferences of consumers
- Embody integrity and approach all business dealings, transactions, and commitments with integrity
We are very excited to be participating in shaping this amazing organization that provides such a valuable service for the business community. Be sure to check out the BBB and if you have any questions about membership for your company, please let me know. My company has been a member for a number of years, and it has helped us to establish trust in a competitive marketplace.